QwikCheck™ Beads (Medical Electronic Systems) have an open and a closed vial shelf life. This labeling insures accurate results that could be compromised due to bead evaporation over time which can be related to high ambient laboratory temperature and/or infrequent use of the beads.
The stability of the QwikCheck™ Beads control material is highly dependent on maintaining an intact matrix volume. Therefore, storage conditions and timeframes for use after opening are recommended as follows:
- Each kit contains two known concentrations of QwikCheckTM Beads in two 5 ml aliquots and one 5 ml negative concentration and motility control.
- Store unopened bead kits @ 15-30°C (60-86°F).
- After opening for the first time, store @ 15-30°C (60-86°F) for 90 days.
- NO need to refrigerate the material.
- The labeled storage expiration date assumes that QwikCheckTM Beads are stored in their original containers and are tightly capped to prevent evaporation.
- QwikCheckTM beads are stable and show no loss of expected performance characteristics after transport/storage over a period of 72 hours at the temperature range of -20°C to +37°C (-4°F to +99°F).
Compliance Date: Effective March 26, 2019.
Authority: Marina Friling, Clinical Director
Distribution: ALL QwikCheck Bead users